Thursday, June 26, 2014

I won't do this again

click to enlarge

I will never buy another certificate that some knucklehead has put in a frame. This example wasn't at all easy to remove the glued down glass frame. When I finally removed the glass and lifted the certificate I didn't notice that the top two corners were also glued down. And as you can tell the corners decided to stay put. I tried to remove the corner piece but they were too far gone. Fortunately the certificate is not an expensive piece and professional repairing it is out of the question. So it goes down as a lesson learned.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Pete, thanks for sharing and "reminding". A little comfort: an object's condition is the result of its history. This one is more than 100 years old, it has a lot of history.

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you have any indian certificates of railways or tramways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sayeed,

    No, I only collect US rails.

    Pete A.

    ReplyDelete