Monday, June 2, 2014

A couple of Confederates

click on image to enlarge

Added two Confederate railroad stocks. The South Side (Virginia) is one of the most common of Confederate railroad stocks. The Raleigh & Gaston (North Carolina) with out the $1,500,000 overprint is a little more rare. With two listed in Cox from the war.
For information on these companies and Confederate Railroads in general. I highly recommend Dave Brights great site csa-railroads.
click on image to enlarge

reference:
  • Coxrail.com

2 comments:

  1. Hey Pete, nice ones. I like the super small trains in the upper and lower border of the South Side Rail Road certificate.Any idea about the size ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Franky,
    I don't have the certificate here. I put it in my bank box. I do think that no more than a 1/4 inch in height.

    Pete

    ReplyDelete