Tuesday, April 22, 2014

FHW AUCTION MAY 24, 2014


A little out of my price range
There are some wonderful pieces in this auction. Over a hundred US rails some rare to unique. There are two Missouri rails that I would love to own. The image is one of them. Only problem is 18% premium, dollar to Euro conversion, $25 dollar shipping, a 19% VAT on commissions and shipping and insurance is extra. Not to mention bidding starts at catalog prices. Any wonder why I’m sitting on the side lines. Good luck to the person with deep pockets.

3 comments:

  1. Pete, if you want to join the auction, you will have some bavarian beer free. I will pay for the beer! George

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi George, maybe some day I will join you for that beer. For now I can't talk myself in placing those bids. Someone will have some nice pieces. Maybe the new owners will be willing to trade.

    Pete

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was very interesting. Thank you. Best regards and go on with this blog.
    Stella

    ReplyDelete