Sunday, May 5, 2013

Specimens

 In the time frame I collect (pre-world war I American railroads), specimens are a scarce to rare item to add to my collection . A number of railroads have no issued or unissued certificates to collect so a specimen is the only known example. I recommend collector seek out a copy of April 2009 issue of Scripophily magazine and read the excellent article by Max D. Hensley on Specimens . Also check out Terry Cox information on specimens and proofs. Proofs are a subject for another day. These three specimen I have not listed on my website yet. I especially like the vignettes on these examples.

                                                      click on image to enlarge

                                                       click on image to enlarge

                                                       click on image to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment