Saturday, March 23, 2013

Faked Stock



                                                    click on image to enlarge

Fortunately Scripophily does not have the number of dishonest people doing business as does coin or currency collecting. Here is one of my early mistakes. I made the mistake of not checking Terry Cox website very well. Didn't pay much for it thou. It's looks like an issued piece dated 1901. The only problem with the date is the bond was issued in 1915. The crook should of checked out Cox too. I learned my lesson. If any one is interested in this unissued piece let me know.

2 comments:

  1. See my lsit of reprints and fakes

    http://www.nonvaleurs.de/pdf/nachdrucke.pdf

    Regards George

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much George,

    Your list will come in handy.

    Pete

    ReplyDelete